Your Guide to Healthy Eating : Healthier Living
- Stock your fridge with celery or carrots
- Keep a bowl of fruits ready to be eaten out on the table or kitchen counter
- Eat warm vegetable soup on a cold day
- Eat at least one salad per day
- Snack on apples and oranges or dried fruits
- Add sprouts, cucumbers, lettuce and tomatoes to sandwiches for variety.
- Garnish meals with grated or chopped carrots
- Eat two servings of veggies with each dinner
- Try vegetable stir fry
- Make vegetable kabobs on the grill
- Use baked apples or pears for dessert
- Add veggies such as carrots, cabbage, onions, lentils and peas to soups, stews and casseroles.